Flu Treatment (NHS and private)
Getting Mistrys Pharmacy’s Flu Treatment in Market Harborough is a good idea.
Maybe you are worried about catching the flu or you are concerned about having time off work. Or maybe you just want to make sure you do not pass it on to the more vulnerable members of your family.
Whatever the reason, having the flu vaccine against this year’s strain of seasonal flu can give you protection and peace of mind.
NHS and Private Flu Jabs
Mistrys Pharmacy’s Flu Treatment in Market Harborough gives NHS flu jabs to people aged 18 years and older who are eligible to receive the jab for free. We also provide private Flu jabs for anyone to receive them safely and after an assessment.
The NHS flu jab for the flu season is eligible for:
– Adults 50 and over
– People with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
– Pregnant women
– People living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
– Frontline health or social care workers
If you do not qualify for a free NHS flu jab we can still provide you with a private flu vaccination and this applies for both under and over 65s.
Who shouldn’t have the flu jab?
Most people can have a flu vaccine. However, there are a couple of exceptions:
- If you are currently unwell with a fever, you should delay getting the flu jab.
- If you have an egg allergy, speak to your GP or pharmacist before getting the jab.
Please speak to our pharmacy team about eligibility for Mistrys’ Flu Treatment in Market Harborough and how to get the flu jab.
You can also use the easy booking system below to book an appointment. Please note: If you are late for your appointment we cannot guarantee that you will be seen and you may need to rebook.